Many people are under the assumption that you must eat frequent small meals all day long to lose weight and feel good. I have found that this does not work for me. Rather, when I eat 3 balanced meals a day I feel satiated, energized and focused. My cravings decrease, I have more time to be creative, I don’t think about food all day and I make better choices. According to John Douillard, ” Many of us have trained our bodies to rely on snacks or small meals every few hours or less. This tells the body that there is a constant supply of energy coming in, and that there is no reason to burn its stored fat. Burning stored fat is important even if you aren’t trying to lose weight. Our fat cells are where toxins are stored, so as long as we are ingesting enough good fats in our regular lives and eating an adequate balanced diet, burning fat between meals will not result in excessive weight loss, although it is an incredibly effective way to find and maintain a healthy, balanced weight.” FUN FAT FACTS:
- Fat is a calm, stable, non-emergency fuel. When you are in fat burning mode, your body gets the message that the stress war is over, and begins to relax.
- It neutralizes acidity in the body
- Detoxifies fat-soluble toxins that can store in our fat cells for 20 years or more!
- Detoxifies fat-soluble molecules of emotion that lock us into repetitive detrimental patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage(good for releasing toxins)
The key is to eat enough protein and fat at each meal so that your blood sugars stay level until the next meal. Enjoying a balanced plate of protein, complex carbs and fat will accomplish this. It takes a little planning, but when you get the hang of it you’ll love the results. http://lifespa.com/dangers-of-frequent-eating/?doing_wp_cron=1394205985.3343620300292968750000